Bollant leaves EIU basketball program

Matt+Bollant+yelling+at+the+referee+during+the+women+basketball+game+against+UT+Martin+thursday+night+in+Groniger+Arena+
Sia DeyKoontz
Matt Bollant yelling at the referee during the women basketball game against UT Martin thursday night in Groniger Arena

Matt Bollant, the head coach of the women’s basketball team since 2017, is leaving the program to become the new head coach at Bryan College.

According to Bryan College, Bollant “will be starting his new position on June 3.”

Bollant, the head coach for the Panthers for the past seven seasons, ended his time with the program with a 96-111 overall record and a 64-64 record in the Ohio Valley Conference from the past seven seasons.

In the 2023-2024 season, Bollant coached the team to a 15-18 overall record as the Panthers qualified for the OVC Tournament for the fifth straight year.

On February 10, 2024, Bollant coached Eastern to a 105-103 win over Morehead State in a game that recorded four overtime periods.

In the 2022-2023 season, Bollant coached the team to a 21-8 overall record which included the team ranked in the Mid-Major Top 25 poll for six weeks throughout the season.

Throughout his time on the coaching staff at Eastern, Bollant coached numerous talents that were recognized from the OVC, including Karle Pace, Lariah Washington, Abby Wahl, Miah Monahan and Macy McGlone.

“I am so excited to be the head women’s basketball coach at Bryan College,” Bollant said to officials. “Bryan College is one of the top Christian schools in the United States. This is a great opportunity for my family to move back to Dayton and positively impact lives for Jesus. Thank you to Dr. Mann and Jeremy Deal, who have made me feel like a king in welcoming me and my family. It will bring me great joy to bring young ladies to a school whose mission is Christ above all.”

Bollant previously coached at Bryan College, located in Dayton, Tennessee from 2002 through 2007 and led the Bryan Lions to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) nationals four times.

Bollant was the ninth head coach within the women’s basketball program hired on April 14, 2017.

Zaria Flippin can be reached at 581-2812 or [email protected].